First Aid for the Wards 4th Edition 2007
The perfect primer for the core clerkships written by students who excelled!
Don’t begin third year medical school without reading this book! Written by students for students, this high-yield guide helps you move smoothly from the classroom to the wards. Thoroughly revised and updated, this comprehensive book explains what to expect in each required rotation and includes sample notes and reports, key facts, formulas, and protocols, and answers to “pimp questions” you will be asked on rounds.
- Student-to-student advice on everything from what to wear to how to impress the attending physician
- Know what to expect in every core rotation: medicine, surgery, pediatrics, obstetrics and gynecology, neurology, psychiatry, and emergency medicine
- Advice on presenting cases to attendings
- How-to guides for common procedures
- High-yield facts on the diagnosis and treatment of common diseases
- Sample patient notes, clipboard and note-card patient templates
- Updated student ratings of popular clinical handbooks, reviews, and texts
Tao Le, MD, MHS, is Assistant Clinical Professor of Medicine and Pediatrics and Chief, Division of Allergy and Immunology, Department of Medicine, University of Louisville.
Vikas Bhushan, MD, is a practicing diagnostic radiologist based in Los Angeles, California.
Julia Skapik, MD, MPH, is a Resident, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Pittsburgh.